Oct 6, 2005

Sharing the stress...

Life in the 808 world is a stressful hell right now. Work is kicking my ass this week, and schoolwork is constantly on my mind. I've already let two, very audible "Fuck!"s out today. The first escaped when I bumped the power cord to my computer, losing 30 minutes of valuable spreadsheet work. (Don't remind me to back up or I'll make it three today.) The second came just a few minutes ago when pulling my ibuprofen bottle out and the child-proof cap somehow popped off, dumping 75 ibuprofen tablets on the floor. The sailor in me is no longer contained and the "dirty" words keep coming out. Perhaps I have scurvy? How do you know if you have scurvy?

What is the weight on my shoulders?

Work: We shipped 24 ceramic mugs to 592 locations last week. My fulfillment team lead insisted the boxes they were going in were perfect for the job. A week later, I have 45.10% reship rate. The entire cost of this falls on our shoulders for the inadequate packing. Luckily, the powers that be know where the fault lies and I'm not accountable for it. All the same, the paperwork/spreadsheet/phone call side of it had put me behind on my other work by at least three days.

School: My senior project group split The Fab 5 Dream Team is no more and now it's just the Tremendous Three. Of course, that means there will be more schoolwork on my shoulders November-February. I may have a bigger problem though. I needed to test out of two english classes before I could graduate. I took the first test this week, and if passed, I will take the second test in a couple of weeks. If I don't pass one of them, my final semester is already booked full and I will not graduate in February. This is very

(insert F-bomb #3) - bumped the power cord again

wait 45 seconds, if you know me well, you know the string of cusswords i am muttering during this point

(insert F-bomb #4) - apparently my computer bumped its own power supply this time and shut down again. i swear i was nowhere near it.

back to what i was saying - This is very frustrating. I felt primed and ready for the first proficiency test. Imaging my surprise when I walked into the computer lab for the standard MC/TF test and someone handed me paper and instructions on the essay I was to write. "Okay, I can handle this." I can write an 'A' essay without a problem. But what is all this shit about following the MLA guidelines for Works Cited? What's with these 25 MC questions focusing on similar topics? The study materials provided to me are for sentence structure and terms. I need an 80% to pass the test and with a week to wait for my results, I'm sweating it.

I'm anxious, jittery and my focus is that of 7 year old deprived of their Ritalin.

On a positive note, NHL is back and I luckily had a free preview of every game last night. The Avalanche lost by 1, but I can live with that. Aebisher is fine and all, but man do I miss the days of Roy. It was also nice to watch the highly anticipated Sidney Crosby take the ice with the Penguins, even if he only assisted on the teams one goal. Hockey, how I've missed you.

And finally, yes, I'm also very aware that it's been almost a month since the last installment of my CYOA. It's on my mind and hopefully coming soon.