Oct 3, 2005

Happy Birthday, Jewels!

Rewinding one day...

Happy 24th birthday to my other sister, Jewels, who most readers know from her frequent comments on all of our blogs. There are six years between Jewels and I, whereas there are 11 years between Janet and I. Unfortunately for Julie, this means her admiration for me was often met with annoyance and torture to deter her from bugging me. While I leave the comment section open for your favorite Julie moments and congratulations, I will devote my post to apologizing for some of the mean things I did to my little sister...

1) Otto was over one day and Jewels would not leave us alone. She was riding her bike in the driveway and whether or not it bothered him, her presence was really getting on my nerves. So, I grabbed a roll of masking tape and while she rode away, I ran beside her wrapping her head in masking tape. In Hollywood-horror-movie-fashion, she chose to ride her bike up the hill instead of downhill. Had she done the latter, she surely would have escaped. In all fairness, as part of my apology, I let her wrap my head in masking tape as well. She seems to forget this every time she brings it up.
2) She once asked me how long to set the microwave for when making hot chocolate. I told her ten minutes and she got in trouble with the babysitter for the mess it made. Well, for like three minutes until she ratted me out to the babysitter.
3) She once left a couple of audiotapes in the vicinity of the toilet. I apologize for pissing on your New Kids on the Block and Vanilla Ice tapes.
4) I'm sorry for not keeping an eye on Bruce during our first drinking experience and letting him fill your hermit crab aquarium up with bud light. It was funny, though not as funny as when he turned around and dumped one down Otto's ass crack.
5) I am sorry for all the times I told you that you were adopted. That was mom and dad's responsibility and not mine. I should have kept my mouth shut.

Ah hell, I apologize for all the mean things I did to you when we were younger. You are a great sister and I love you very much. Despite having such a mean, evil older brother, you turned out pretty well. I am glad that we were able to become friends once I moved out of the house.

Share your favorite memories of Jewels or just tell her happy birthday!