May 13, 2005

Top 5 Annoyances for Freaky Friday...

Three posts in one day, what the heck? I have not done a list in a while, so here we go. Five things that are really annoying me today:

 

1. This girl at work is 5 months pregnant and acting like she is 8 months pregnant. She had a difficult time conceiving and was so excited when it finally happened that she started wearing maternity clothes way before she needed to. She's waddling around like the baby weighs 8 lbs already. Oh, and she is still smoking.

 

2. New computer at work and the admin rights will not let me install one component i need to run my Launch player. My days of streaming music may be over. Damn it!

 

3. Internet Explorer on the new computer is unstable and shuts down just about every third page I go to.

 

4. Patches of my yard unexpectedly died about two weeks ago. I was raking the front yard last night in preparation of renting an aerator and seeding it this weekend. Two neighbors came by to essentially poke fun at me for the state of my yard. Jerky old men. I'll show them... one of these days... when the new grass grows in. yeah.

 

5. My mother-in-law is trying to sell her place in LA and 3 months later, she is still having problems. She has had plenty of offers, but the new owner of the park has rejected every potential tenant. Finally, we have a buyer and they already live at the park. Last night, she called to tell us the new owners are making this buyer fill out a new application. My wife informs me that the City of Downey has been trying to buy the land for years because it is in a commercial zone. This new owner is hiking everyone's rent up about $200. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to essentially force everyone out, buy their homes for dirt-cheap when they can sell it, and then sell everything to Downey.

 

Feel free to play along, or leave your thoughts on my list. Don't forget to check out today's Choose Your Own Adventure entry and leave a comment. Have a great weekend!