Jan 19, 2005


I am working on an ASI bid for my client and one of the products is the signature bracelet. You know, the Lance Armstrong Livestrong bracelet. Like many other support pieces (those stupid magnetic ribbons), they utilize different colors for the various causes. I looked over the causes on the image above and found three multi-cause colors that bother me because of their separate messages. I do not want to wear one color in support of a cause only to have someone think I am supporting a different one.


Pink - Whereas I do support Breast Cancer Research, I do not necessarily support Birth Parents. Some are real assholes. Not mine, but I know of quite a few.

White - I am all for Alzheimer's research, I want Otto (who will be receiving a temporary new nickname this weekend) to remember me in our old age. After all, it seems to run in his family and we have known each other since we were two. I DO NOT want people to be confused and think I support Right to Life.

Black - Everyone knows a black band stands for In Memorial. Why even try to put another cause with it. Especially one like Melanoma. Yes, I know people can die from it, but not everyone does. Instead, I recommend a different cause take its position alongside Death... Inauguration 2005. The odds of us all dying from that may be higher than the odds of every person with a melanoma dying from cancer.