Jan 19, 2005

It's not even REAL Country Music, it's just Pop-Crap with a hick accent

I am pissed off. Yes, my job is kicking my ass this year (all 19 days of it) and it's making me think, "Hey, I've never walked out a job yet, why not?" Yes, a majority of my coworkers are idiots, my bosses are spineless and all the other stereotypical office space personalities, blah blah blah.

 

What's really pissing me off is when I enter the Production office and I notice the song playing and I say to myself, hey, that's Keith Urban's "Days go by". I should not know this. Knowing the names and song titles, being able to pair them up and recognize them in an instant...this is against everything that I believe.

 

If you had asked me three years ago if I thought my wife and oldest daughter would start listening to country music upon moving to the Midwest...I would have said, "Have you met my wife and daughter? No way in hell will they ever listen to country." My wife was little miss hip-hop, trance girl. She is not going to stop listening to J5 to listen to Tim McGraw and Nelly's duet. She is not going to put away her Sasha & Digweed CDs to listen to Gretchen Wilson.

 

Now, I live in a house where every radio station is tuned to our local country station, 104.3. My eldest daughter leaves her radio on all night, the sounds seeping up through the floor and invading my sleeping mind, poisoning it with lyrics to Kenny Chesney and Toby Keith songs. A house where I must sometimes stomach and hour of CMT videos just to spend time with my family. Ah, the sacrifices we make.

 

If you are married and/or a parent, what unbearable sacrifices do you make?

 

If you are not, what unbearable sacrifices will you never make if/when you are married or a parent?