Jun 7, 2006

Thursday's 8

1... 16 days of school left. Yes, 16. Is it dragging? No, it's flying by and I'm freaking out about how must I have left to do. In a week, we will present our senior project. Guess what I'm working on as soon as I post this?

2... On the topic of school, it's time for a poll. Most people seem to think I should do this, but I just don't feel right about it. If you're 30 and graduating college, do you send out graduation announcements?

I'm torn on this one. Everybody knows that graduation announcement means present or money. While I could either one, especially the latter, I feel weird about it. I'm a grown man with a family. I feel selfish sending them out. I'm also afraid the people who never got high school graduation thank you notes 12 years ago will chew me out. What's your vote?

3... In other news, 808.50 informed us this weekend that she will be moving out in a few weeks. If I could only dance... I'd bust a move.
If I could only sing... I'd break out into song.
I just smile and secretly give my wife high 5's.

4... The Sopranos season finale sucked ass. The Big Love season finale kicked ass. The Lost season finale beat everybody's ass to a bloody, unrecognizable pulp. Ass. I love asses.

5... That last one was pretty juvenile, wasn't it? Oh well.

6... I have a very strong, appealing job lead now. It comes with a great reference that has connections high up in the company. Everybody reading this should cross their fingers or say a little prayer or something. I prefer to get a job without connections, but dammit, I need this freaking job (see #2).

7... Mrs. 808 was baptized tonight at our church's annual Baptism Party. Yes, it's non-traditional. Once a year, they have a big picnic/party. Good ol’ Coach Nixon hosted this year’s party. It's done in a pool and you can bring in anyone you want. In fact, you can have anyone baptize you. I'm very happy and proud of my wife for taking this step, despite the fact that I am not a very spiritual person any more. It means a lot to her though and I fully support her. I'm also very proud of her for mentioning during her testimonial that Roy (the pastor) isn't afraid to say "Crap" during a sermon, as he did on Mother's Day. The congregation burst into laughter and Roy thanked her, saying that his wife needed to hear someone say that. As Mrs. 808 left the pool, Roy threw in an "Oh Crap" for her.

8... Okay, apparently the 'Canes are up 2-0 on the Oilers. I swear to never predict hockey games again. Just know that I am a loyal Avalanche fan, and if KC gets a team in 2007, I will be loyal to them. Otherwise, my support usually lies with the underdog. There, that's done and so am I. Time to start programming again.

Ciao!