Jun 2, 2006

4

She's the Rotel to my Velveeta.

Today marks our four year anniversary. We were married in a Malibu canyon by Reverend Fred. The Reverend, whose family had owned the land for many decades, was quite a character. When the Mrs. choked up during her vows, he quickly took over. Sometimes, I like to remind my wife that I kind of married Fred that day. As soon as the wedding was over and the reception began, Fred shed the minister's robe, grabbed some wine and pretty much got tanked.

It's often amazes us that it's only been 4 years. We agree it feels like 14 years. After all, we've moved half-way across the country, had two children, almost completed 3.5 years of college, moved a mother(in-law) into our house, had two eye surgeries, had many house guests, etc. "Life in the fast lane, surely make you lose your mind."

We keep on going though and I love her more each day. For every argument, fight, and name-calling session we've had there have been plenty laughs, love and admiration to offset them. Like I said, she's the spicy Rotel to my mild-tempered Velveeta.

Love you, babe!