May 16, 2006

Tuesday's 8 List

The Cryptic One (mostly)
 
1... Have you ever found something exciting, and you do what you need to do to get it, but then you find out the cost is not worth your effort. So, you bag the idea and go with a different option. Yeah, that sucks.
 
2... 5 1/2 weeks to go. The Graduate list is posted in the halls now and I saw my name on it. I can't wait, especially considering...
 
3... My big brother is going ape shit lately. I can't really comment on it right now because he might read this and get mad at me.
 
4... On Mother's Day, we learned that 808.50's beau has every intention of marrying her by September. He hasn't proposed or asked my wife's permission yet, but he's setting the date. We begin a new countdown: 5 1/2 weeks until graduation & 4 1/2 months until my free childcare leaves, 808.10 gets her room back and the glasses will no longer be disorganized on the shelf. Oh, and all my utilities return to normal.
 
5...
For Indy: LOST... I have a new theory who The Man is. I think it's Jack's dad. We've seen his ties to a few characters and in season 1, Jack saw him on the island. Jack convinced himself it was just shock, but what if it wasn't?
For Bruce & others: Did you see this week's Sopranos and/or Big Love yet?
 
6... A new barber shop opened this weekend, called Sport Clips. I don't know if they have these in your area, but here's the scoop. The Mrs. went to Starbucks Saturday morning and all the stylists were there, dressed like "hooter girls". I'm sure she threw in a few other adjectives as well, like skanky and whorish. She informed me that I would never get a haircut there. I'm not saying I want to get my hair cut there, but I'm me and that means I have to argue the point. I quickly pointed out that she has her hot doctor and the young male massage therapist that gets to rub her body while she's practically naked. I said, If you can have those, why can't I get my hair cut from a girl in short shorts and a tight shirt? So, I went to Great Clips where some Granny told me about her ear cysts while cutting my hair.
I know there are few guys that will agree with my wife on this, but what I really needed were some ladies to agree with me. I brought it up with some coworkers yesterday and... I WIN! My closing argument, It's like a strip joint (in the States), you can't touch. Ms. ATC added, You can touch once, but it had better be at the end of your haircut.
Of course, it's a moot point as I convinced Granny Earlumps to wear short shorts for me next time I'm in.
 
7... Maybe that second option in number 1 won't be so bad. I'll find out next week.
 
8... I'm one of those sports fans who thinks their team will always make it to the top. When they don't, I'll follow my next favorite team. When all the teams I want to cheer for lose, well, I either lose interest or support the underdog. This moment is rapidly approaching in the Stanley Cup playoffs. I don't care about the Easter semi-finals. I'm supporting the Western teams no matter what, the question now is who.
Eastern
Sabres vs. Canes - I don't care
 
Western
Oilers(3) vs Sharks(2) - winner takes on the Ducks. If it's Oilers vs. Ducks, I side with the Oilers. If its Sharks vs. Ducks, I side with the Ducks.
 
Finals
Canes vs. Ducks - Ducks take all. They narrowly lost to the Devils a few years back, they're due this year. If neither team makes it to the finals, I promise to never make my hockey predictions public again.