Apr 11, 2006

Tuesday 8

1... It is indeed a small world. My wife and I worked for rival dot.com's and possibly passed each other in toy stores when we were doing emergency shopping during the holiday seasons. That was the first time we said, "Hey, what a coincidence." Then we found the one that's just odd. The father of her middle-school friend grew up in the same small town as my parents, and was just a year younger than my father. Here friend is here this week and we were invited to join them Sunday for a barbecue on their farm. I found myself talking about people that graduated with all of them in the 60's. Can you name five people that graduated with your parents?

2... The number 2 spot has been reserved for my school update. 11 weeks. The workload is starting to take its toll on me. I was up until 2am finishing a research paper proposal (1200 words or three pages). I can barely stay awake right now.

3... Referencing #1, it was fun taking my kids to a farm this weekend. My mother grew up on one in northern Missouri, so I spent a lot of my childhood playing on one. After my grandmother passed away, there was a falling out between my mother and uncle and now we don't have access to the farm. It's kind of sad to think that my children don't get to have the same experiences I did.

4... Doesn't it look like he's about to club his sister with that stick?




5... Want turn your workplace against you in 2 minutes or less? Add an extra ten seconds to your popcorn's cooking time. I have to go into hiding now, sorry I couldn't get the full 8 in this week, but I don't want my children to grow up knowing there daddy died because he burnt popcorn. I'm going away for a little while. If anyone asks, you don't know me and you haven't seen me. I'll be back when the next unfortunate soul chooses to use the white microwave instead of the silver one.