Apr 14, 2006

Good Friday, my ass...

Why didn't I take today off? Seriously, what was I thinking. It's 9:25 and I am bored out of my mind. I ran two reports and compiled all my information for a rollout that won't occur for another two weeks. I ate six chocolate gem donuts and half a sesame bagel. I walked my wife out to the car after the employee bake sale because she was smart enough to take the day off. I responded to a dozen emails. I called my clients, pretending to need ship to locations, however, really knowing the call would spin off into some 30 minute discussion about this week's Lost episode. But it didn't, they had a meeting. I've yawned 18 times this morning.

Random plugs...

Glaceau Vitamin Water - I'm addicted to this stuff. Think Gatorade Propel with flavor and well, vitamins. Okay, don't think of Gatorade Propel at all. The Energy one is Tropical Citrus flavor and loaded with B vitamins and Guarana. Extra Bonus - The descriptions on the bottle are witty and fun. Highly recommend it.

The Flaming Lips new CD - At War with the Mystics - Think Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, but even better. Plus, it has a great Prog-Rock album title, yet it's not Prog-Rock. (Sorry Bruce, but you really should check this out.)

Having your mother-in-law do yardwork for you - This is the greatest discovery of the week. I went home early Wednesday because 808.3 was sick. Yes, she was throwing up. I was so relieved as I feared there wouldn't be any more vomiting in my house until next winter. Imagine the joy on my face when I picked her up Tuesday night and she chucked all over my shoulder. Wait, where was I? Oh yeah, so I came home early, the kid went down for her nap and I started raking the front yard. 808.50 came out for a cigarette and saw what I was doing. Then she asked if she could rake the front yard for me. I tossed her the rake and went about some of my other lawn chores. When we finished, I asked if she wanted something to do the next two days. She eagerly accepted and so I showed her The Pile. This is the area of our backyard, against my neighbor's privacy fence, where I have blown all of the fall debris from the past two years. With school and kids, I've just never had the time to clean it up. It was actually my priority chore for the weekend and now, thanks to her, it's done!


And finally, I'm a whore for barbecue. I'll do just about anything for it. Like, say you asked me to run naked through a field of thistles and then take a bath in rubbing alcohol. I'd tell you to fuck off. But if you said, hey, go pick up the barbecue for our lunch meeting and we'll let you have some... well, hold my calls, i'm on my way. And that is how I wrapped up my week of eating cheap/free.
Recap:
Monday - leftover pizza
Tuesday - free Chipotle burrito from a salesperson
Wednesday - ate at home
Thursday - bought McD's, but they gave us an extra order of fresh french fries
Friday - Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue Brisket Sandwich and piping hot baked beans

That's it. I'm going to watch the clock for 3.5 hours until my wife, kids and bruce's family arrived for the annual easter bunny visit at work.

Have a great weekend...