Apr 4, 2006

Tuesday 8

1... I finally watched Lords of Dogtown this weekend. While I enjoyed it, I still think Peralta's documentary, Dogtown and Z-Boys was better. I had a lot of friends who were skaters, but I just never got the hang of it. I wish I did though. I woke up Sunday wondering if a 30 yr old could become a skater. Probably not.

.

2... I'm leaving in 2 hours for my Senior Project's second meeting with our client. 12 weeks to go.

.

3... Spent 6 hours in the yard this weekend, raking up leaves, sticks and putting down seed. I love this time of year. On the agenda for this weekend, finish bagging up the mess and cleaning the flower beds.

.

4... This week's Sopranos was weak. This week's Big Love confirmed I am hooked. Who would have ever thought a show about polygamists starring Bill Paxton would grab me.

.

5... 808.50 came home Sunday from her weekend with the boyfriend. I asked her what they did and she said, “Oh, we just hung out and watched Armoires of a Geisha."

.

6... Is there anything you absolutely would not let your spouse purchase for you? Like, something that if they did buy, you would make them return it? I have a friend whose wife bought their lawnmower, and she purchased a corded electric lawnmower. Why? Why would anyone buy an electric lawnmower or a one with a cord for that matter? Why is there even a manufacturer who makes one?

.

7... My neighbor cracks me up. He plays in a couple of bands, works three jobs, curses incessantly, brings beer to my kid's birthday party, plays chicken with teenagers speeding on our street, runs after them when they drive around him, gets random urges to do Jaeger bombs at 11pm and oh yeah, he's the minister of music at his church.

.

8... Myspace.com sucked me in. You can find me here. I would say the experience has been completely pointless, but it has allowed me to find start talking with two younger cousins I haven't seen since '97.