Oct 27, 2004

"Is plastic okay?"

I have a pet peeve. A very strong one. Those of you who know me are familiar with it, and at first, think it is funny to test me on it. You changed your mind after seeing how quickly I fire up and make you stop it. It's the sound of a bag rustling. You know, the crinkle of a potato chip bag or someone digging into a bag of candy at the movies. It skips all of the other nerves and sucker punches my last one.
 
I really have to work at containing my annoyance when it comes to children. 8081 has been warned many times and Mrs. 808 will often make her stop upon hearing the sound, hoping that I don't get irritated. With 8082, she's two. She gets a free pass for now.
 
So, question for you...What pet peeve of yours pushes you over the edge?
 
While you answer that, my three loyal readers, I'm going to hunt down my coworker who has been screwing around with that bag for the past 20 minutes and politely ask them to just pour it in a friggin' bowl.