Oct 21, 2004

"Here's Johnny..."


.

I promise this will be the only time I quote Drew Barrymore or anything from Charlie's Angels, but I believe last night's game should be called...

"That's what I call Kicking Your Ass."

My friend, the Yankee fan, called after the second inning to concede their loss. All it took was Johnny "Jesus" Damon's resurrection from his weeklong slump hitting a grand slam. Wham! Bam! Thank you, ma'am! May I have another? Certainly, Damon came back a few innings later to hit a homerun allowing two more points. For those in the dark, The Red Sox did the impossible. For the first time in MLB history, they came back from 0-3 in a post-season series to win. And they beat the crap out of the Yankees last night, 10-3.

We will find out tonight who faces them in the World Series. Will it be Houston or St. Louis? I am pulling for Houston. What better representation of the looming elections than to have Massachusetts play Texas?