Aug 15, 2006

Another Tuesday, another 8 List.

1… I hope each and every one of you has a Tween girl someday. 808.11 starts middle school this week and this formerly sweet, complacent girl is changing. She also returned from her week trip to LA to visit her father and his family. After each visit, we enter a two-week transition back to reality phase, which is often nerve-racking. It is amazing how in one week, she can be so spoiled that she forgets the structure of her life. For one week, there are no siblings competing for attention, no bedtime rules, etc. It is all about her and whatever she wants. This time, it has been extremely rough and the two contestants spending the most time in the ring… 808.11 versus Yours Truly.

 

We’re butting heads over everything, from smartass comments, unnecessary comments while her little brother is puking, how a room is not clean, why I didn’t do laundry at 2am just because she put the basket on the washer and like last night, how it is not acceptable to spit on me.

 

2… I would like to send out an open apology to that babysitter I spit on when I was approximately 11. I know it was a shitty thing to do and karma has repaid me in full.

 

3… I don’t know if any of you watch HBO’s Deadwood, but holy hot damn, what a great season. Only two episodes left. This week’s was particularly fantastic. Can you beat an episode where Swearingen leaps from a balcony to rescue a lady and later repeatedly kicks a man in the crotch before taking a knife to his throat? This season makes up for the horrible season of Sopranos that ended in May.

 

4… I found a new job.

 

5… Nah, just kidding. If you need me, I’ll be in the other room sulking.

 

6… An unattainable craving just came over me. I want a really good grilled cheese sandwich. The first thing that popped into my head was a GC and fries at Swingers, but alas, I don't live in LA anymore. So I went local. Joanne's in Northtowne. Shit, they closed. Ah, the ultimate. My all time favorite grilled cheese sandwich... Otto's. Shit, they closed too.

 

7... Continuing on #1, I'm conflicted. As I climbed into bed last night, I realized I could hear Tim McGraw singing to me from 808.11's room below ours. And he sang all night long. Now, parent's instinct says, " She'll never hear her alarm with the music that loud," and " She can listen to it once while she goes to sleep, but none of this repeat crap all night." But that's what I did! I always left my music on all night and now we sleep with the TV on all night. So why does the father in me find it unacceptable for my child to do it???

 

8... I'm off for a free Chipotle burrito. Enjoy your lunch or whatever you're doing.

 

Takk fyrir!