May 3, 2004

Eventful Weekend #1

Friday night…my economics class is going to be awesome!!! The professor looks like the kid from D.A.R.Y.L. grown up.

Saturday…object oriented design will be an okay class, despite not being in a Smart Lab. Does it seem odd to anyone else that DeVry has classrooms without computers and/or that they have degree classes in them? I can understand not needing one for a math or English class, but a 3rd level degree class?

The nameless band practiced, or really we went through our four songs. We’ve promised to just work on new material at our next practice. It will be nice having Brandon back full time instead of semi-focusing on his brother’s little punk band. Not that he gave us less attention; it’s a running joke.

After practice, Brandon, I, and our wives went to dinner and the KC Wizards game (Will, insert gay soccer jokes here, especially after you see their logo). One of the local grocery stores gave away tickets to bump attendance for the night, trying to break a record. It was wonderful to see so much white trash show up for the first half. I think they all left at the half when they realized that just because a team plays in the Chiefs’ stadium, it doesn’t mean they play football. Which brings me to my next question that no one has ever answered…why the fuck is American football called football? The foot is only used for punts and field goals. I’ve never understood this.

Sunday…Went to Chillicothe (because everyone knows where that is, right?) for a semi-family reunion. I ate 3 hot dogs and half a brat and visited with cousins I’m not that close to. Actually, I’m not close to any of my cousins.

Sunday night…Sopranos, had to put a bunny out of it’s misery (decided not to post a blog on this because it’s a rather nasty story involving our cat, if you really want to know, email me), and Deadwood. Both shows were superb last night. I just can’t get enough of them.

Oh, and the most important thing that happened this weekend…The Colorado Avalanche made another comeback in OT. Down 3-0 in the series, they’ve brought it up to 3-2.