Dec 15, 2004

Seeing double

Over the lunch hour, Mrs. 808 and I attended the visitation of a friend's father. At the church, I experienced a very, very eerie thing. Something I will be quite happy never experiencing again. The deceased had an identical twin. We stood next to my friend and looked at Milt lying there in the casket, and then over at Uncle Melvin.
 
808: "Is it kind of creepy for you to see your uncle here?"
Booger: "Yes, very."
 
And it was very creepy.
 
I'm fairly immune to funerals, though some still sucker punch me. I've been attending them since I was 5 when my brother passed away. I've been to so many that I've lost count. (I'll do a count later and edit the post just for those of you keeping statistics on my life.)
 
Questions for you...
Have you been to many funerals?
Are you able to see the body in the casket or is that just too much to handle?
And finally, anything bizarre like the twin thing ever happen at a funeral you attended?