Nov 8, 2004

Damn those Teletubbies creators...


The Boohbahs, five magical atoms of power, light and fun travel in their Boohball around the world, from child to child.

Zing Zing Zingbah

I have developed another intense obsession with something. It's the Boohbahs. I was home one afternoon flipping through the channels and I landed on KCPT, our local PBS station. The Boohbahs came bouncing onto the screen making their weird sounds and i thought, what the hell is this? They began to dance to this tribal beat and I was hooked. Mrs. 808 came in to see what I was watching, agreed that they were weird and left the room. She came back 15 minutes later, looked at the screen and then me and asked, "Why are you still watching this?". I did not have an answer. I just was.
Last night, we were in Target doing some 2nd birthday shopping for 8082. As we walked down the aisle that held the Boohbah merchandise, I began pushing their demo buttons. No, I did not look around to check for anyone I knew. I didn't care. I was fascinated and I had to get my bizarre fix. As they shook their bellies and lit up, I became aware that there were, in fact, other adults around. As one passed the aisle, I quickly told my 9 year old, 8081, to quit pushing all the buttons. It's a little game we played called, Dad does something immature and blames on the nearest child. It's quite fun.
You must check The Boohbahs out for yourself. There are five of them: Zumbah, Jumbah, Humbah, Jingbah and Zing Zing Zingbah.