Nov 19, 2004

The Braveheart Trap

No more static. That's right. The Mrs. got a new job and we now have satellite. No, we didn't go with those year-long-contract-have-to-pass-a-credit-check jerkholes at DirecTv (I just alienated half of my readers, sorry guys). We went with Dish because it is month to month and they gladly accept those of us with bad credit. We now have satellite in three rooms and DVR in two. Never teach a 9 yr old how to pause live tv.




I fell into The Braveheart Trap*** Wednesday night. I was flipping through the channels as I had a bedtime snack and IFC was showing one of my all time favorites, Trainspotting. I watched until the end, 1:30 am.

***The Braveheart Trap - having a movie that you love so much that regardless of whether you own it or how many times you have seen it, you will watch it again and again and again just because it is on. It doesn't matter how far into the movie it is, if you land on that channel, you are committed to the end. I once watched Braveheart back to back on HBO and HBOW just because nothing else was on late at night.

What are your BHT movies?