Sep 20, 2004

sapphire bullet points of pure love

It has been awhile. With the excitement of 808 Jr's birth, I took the week off to relax and do some house work. All my blogging ideas never made it to the keyboard. I have retained what I can, which seems to be less and less each day. Three kids...that is a helluva lotta work. My hat off to Indy who has been doing this far longer than I.

Allow me to bullet point my little recent thoughts:

  • My middle child woke just before 1am and would not go back to sleep. We went for a drive, usually a sure thing. 40 minutes later, I returned home with her playing possum in the back seat. While driving around town, I began keeping a mental tally of Bush and Kerry signs on display. Today's report: Bush 46, Kerry 26. What the hell? People, c'mon.
  • Super Pretzels: The Pizza Variant... oh crap, stay away. Inferior to its predecessors.
  • Third Watch: Season Premiere... Monroe choking scene was a little too real and the whole fight sequence between her, the goon and Davis was incredible. Carlos, who can be a great character, was suddenly a bad character again (can some be consistent with writing his parts?) Gene Simmons...oh damn, he died. Maybe his acting career will die as well. Boscorelli...man, don't let Bosco die. Of course, with his brother dead, his mother on a ventilator and Maurice hanging on by a thread that means Vincent Curatola needs to come back as everyone's favorite sleazebag father.
  • Mariska Hargitay's back this week. Oops, I mean the Law & Order season premieres happen this week. (Sorry, dear, had to do it.)
  • I am forever grateful to Otto, whom a few weekends ago brought up 5-6 boxes of comics for Bruce and I to pilfer through. I was able to grab many issues from series that I enjoy and those that I want to try. So far, I have read some great Azzarello, Brubaker, Ellis and some marginal Ennis. I decided it was time to get caught up on my Ultimate Spiderman as the first of the run starts where i had left off. Unfortunately, I failed to realize that there was a gap between issues 43 and 50. Yeah, that read came to a screeching halt yesterday. Nothing better than reading 15 issues, being completely sucked in and then finding a 6-issue gap.
  • Number of times my daughter pissed on me as an infant, when instructed to do so by her mother: 1. Number of times my son has pissed on the Mrs. in his first week of life, without instruction from his father: 2. That is awesome!
  • "Hi, it's 10 am on my first day after a week off and this is all I have to show for myself. This post and a 20-minute meeting. That's it."
  • Major house project accomplishment from last week: I pulled up the carpet and pad that 808 The Elder's cat pissed on when she lived in the baby's new room. I discovered that underneath laid an unfinished wood floor that after some polyurethane now matches the rest of the top floor. I will post pictures later of my proud accomplishment.
  • What the hell is wrong with the NHL??? I am going to be seriously ticked if this does not get resolved. Oh well, Kansas City Outlaws open on October 15. I hope to attend.

And that, my friends is it for now...

Bullets from a revolver. Bullets from a gun. Bullets through the atmosphere. Here they come.

John, I've been bad and they're coming after me. Done someone wrong and I fear that it was me.

Sapphire bullets, bullets of pure love...